Friday, 1 February 2013

(A Belated) Thought for the Week

Ooooops!!! Sorry for the lateness of this post .... but you did get two on-time Thoughts for the Week, didn't you?!!

Anyway, here goes with this week's thought. Inspired by the fact I'm going to be joined by a lovely group of dancers on Sunday for a bit of funky Gypsy Caravan dancing, I wanted to share with you a poster that's displayed on a door in the studio where I teach ...

 
 
I'm ashamed to say I actually overlooked this gem for several weeks .... just a simple laminated A4 sized sheet on a cupboard door in the corner, there was nothing about it that caught my eye or drew me in, until one day whilst slipping my boots back on after class I just happened to glance up and there it was!
 
I really don't need to say much about it; it speaks for itself. I don't know the teacher who put it up there (my studio is in a school) but I can sense their passion for what they do and their desire to inspire the young people that they teach, and I hope and pray that some of their students are captivated by the magic of dance of whatever type and find for themselves that sense of joy and fulfilment. I pray that their lives are touched and changed by dance.
 
And, just as I don't know that teacher, they in turn don't know me. They don't know that I have read the quote they shared, that they have inspired me too .... and that their desire to light the fire of dance in the souls of their students is mirrored by my hopes and dreams for my own students. 
Thank you teacher - whoever you are!
 
Until next time - happy dancing!


No comments:

Post a Comment