Friday, 27 September 2013

Friday Fabulousness : Three Lovely Ladies!

Well, this is a turn up for the books! Sakura sitting side by side on the couch whilst the blog is written.
Notice I have not said whilst WE write the blog. That may be a rather premature statement as a certain person seems to be focused more upon asking impertinent questions of the one who is doing the actual writing. Just saying, JAN!

Anyway, yes we are here together. Yes we have chosen our video of the week together. Yes we are going to blog about it together. Oh yes we are, regardless of the giggles coming from next to me. You see now why normally I blog alone .....

Enough of the rambling and distractions ... I am going to hand the laptop over to Jan for the next bit ......

JAN : I do not know what to write, this is why I don't blog!!! Yes there is a smell of burning martyr round here!!! Anyway over to my creative writing dance sister to introduce the video.



Sigh. Well at least I tried! But honestly, we DID choose the video together - we are unanimous on that (we are actually unanimous on far more than folk give us credit for!).




Our fabulous video today is from three of our very favourite dancers and friends - it's a Scots/Italian collaboration from earlier this year and involves some beautiful GC style skirt work. We are delighted to present to you, at the Tribal Gathering in York in June, 2013, Cinzia, Deirdre and Sun Fyre! Woo Hoo!


Why do we love this video? If you know us at all it will be obvious ... it's just so full of colour and life and JOY! Jan has now come to life and is chunnering away next to me! She is saying that THIS is why we dance - you can feel the connection between these three (who don't dance together on a day to day or even week to week basis) - they share that soul that brings them together, united in dance and sisterhood across the miles. Those smiles are real smiles, smiles that aren't forced, aren't just on the lips but are springing from the heart and connecting the dancers with one another, with the music and with the audience. Love it!

Deirdre is based in Troon, Ayrshire where she teaches and performs tribal bellydance - Gypsy Caravan style! She regularly collaborates with Sun Fyre as Celtic Hips.









Sun Fyre is based in Aberlour where she also teaches and performs Gypsy Caravan tribal style bellydance.












Cinzia is based in Milan, Italy. she directs Les Soeurs Tribales and teaches and performs both tribal and fusion dance.











It has to be added that all of these ladies are multi-talented, as you will see from their websites! We are so blessed to have them in our community. Tribal Rocks!

Should I do it? Yes I will - I'll hand over to Jan for a final few words ...

JAN : Sorry all, but I would rather draw/paint and make vegan chocolate truffles than blog, good job my tribal sister is fab at it!

And it must be said she would also rather EAT vegan truffles than type!!!! Tee hee! Love ya really Jan!!

JAN : Excuse me  and who helped me eat them?

On that note I think I shall sign off! Enjoy the video and until next time - Happy Dancing!!!

P.S. I have just been instructed to tell you all that the vegan truffles are fab!! Which they are! 






No comments:

Post a Comment