Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Flying Solo!

Last Sunday was a very special day for me. My beautiful WildHearts - my class performance group - were taking the plunge and performing Gypsy Caravan improv - without us Sakura girls up there with them to support and bail them out if necessary! 


They were oh so nervous, naturally. Strangely though, I was not. I couldn't wait for them to hit the dance floor - to spread their wings and fly! We had drilled all the moves until they were coming out of our ears, played the music until it drove us to distraction, improvised in duets, triplets, large groups. Everything was as ready as it possibly could be - given they were improvising - and I just knew they could do it! I was so excited for them! 


And so the moment came. They stepped onto the dance floor, the music started, the eyes lit up, the hips began to sway And they didn't just dance. Those girls took flight. 
And as they soared,so did I. 

So proud of you all, WildHearts!

Until next time, happy dancing! 



2 comments:

  1. So happy and delighted for you all, you beautiful dancing goddesses! with your dance mama by your side... shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your tribal sisters. Glad much fun was had and confidence improved. Enjoy ladies xx

    ReplyDelete